Saturday, March 22, 2008

She does it again!

Shopaholic & Baby
By: Sophie Kinsella

I wasn't expecting much. Don't get me wrong, I love the Shopaholic series, and find Becky Brandon to be a fabulously entertaining narrator, but really? Did we need another book? I suppose the answer is yes, as I couldn't put this lovely amusing piece down. The main character has such charm and heart, and the author does a splendid job of placing her in these ridiculous situations that are completely plausible. A bit materialistic and occasionally superficial, but with a heart of gold.

For anyone who is a fan of the "Chic-Lit" genre, I recommend the entire Shopaholic series. Fun, funny and fresh. The comedy will pull you in, but the heart will keep you around.

I also applaud Kinsella, for the subtle callbacks to earlier stories, as well as the less subtle reappearance of former characters.

No comments: